Nation's Escape Tri 2018 Cancelled

Home Forums Open Discussions Races Nation's Escape Tri 2018 Cancelled

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mosered
    Participant

The Nation’s Escape Tri for Sunday has been cancelled.

Feel free to comment, praise, complain, vent.

(http://www.escapeseriestri.com/nations-escape-tri)

(https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156697364670126&id=714070125&set=a.122460410125&source=48(

Kim Musheno
    Participant

when should athletes retrieve our racked bikes? will there be any refund?

jmarinotero
    Participant

I think this race is doomed. I was signed up this year, this was going to be my third showing in a row at this race. Out of the three, only last year was a proper triathlon, with the swim cancelled in 2016.

Not a cheap race, it’s a nice course for sure but the bike can get very crowded and dangerous (would have been carnage with that much rain). I know the club wants to support it, it’s the local race and all that. My current feelings are: I’m not doing it again.

gat_pfc
    Participant

I feel sooooo stupid.  I literally paid–actually pissed away–$180 less than 14 hours before they cancelled.  I started to panic thinking I would miss out on my end of season race with all my favorite people from DCT and disregarded the weather forecasts I had been watching ALL WEEK.  Having now raced or attempted to race this one 5 times–only completed all 3 events twice maybe–I think me is totally done with it like the girlfriend I’ve made-up with toooo many times.  These guys would have to offer something like FREE admission to next year’s race for me to maybe consider.  OH and I did request a finisher’s medal because in the end it’s all about bling baby!!!

nataliedell
    Participant

I understand cancelling due to weather, but the thing that really bummed me out was the very poor communication in how they did it. The organizers sent an email at 2:30-ish on Saturday, notifying us that they had made the decision to cancel at 12:30pm. I was in the mandatory atheltes’ meetings at both 1:00pm and 2:00pm and they said NOTHING. They had a great opportunity to communicate with willing and interested athletes and they didn’t take it. Instead, I found out at 3:30 after a 1-hour drive to get home. Then I had to turn around to go pick up my bike. I feel worse for the folks that traveled from way out of town to get there, of course.

I don’t expect a refund since I know that most of the money we paid for registration is already spent, but it would be nice to have had more communication and transparency from the organizers. Is DCTri going to have any statements about the race or any follow up since we were partners?

jbauer
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, nataliedell. The board of directors discussed the race cancellation in our September board meeting. Yes, we plan to send constructive feedback to the race organizers and will include your concerns.

ptorresb
    Participant

Hi Natalie – I encourage you to reach out directly to race organizers with your feedback. We’ve not shared your feedback with them. I am curious, did you as a registered participant receive a survey from Escape since race cancellation, to provide feedback to them? I am wondering if they are seeking to collect feedback that way.

Pablo Torres
    Club President

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.