New Member – Danny Pimienta

Home Forums Open Discussions Introduce Yourself New Member – Danny Pimienta

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Danny Pimienta
    Participant

Hello all, I just joined the club today. My name is Danny Pimienta, I am new to Triathlons. I am still learning the swim portion with taking my my first swimming class this past January at age 47. I can do the front stroke but still struggle with breathing. So I’m a ways before being able to race. I bike 3-4 times a week locally and as for running am a formal ultramarathoner who has run as far as 50 miles. Looking to ramp my running back up after a ankle injury last year. Looking forward to learning more about the sport and making friends/training partners as I start my journey.

Bret Strogen
    Participant

Welcome! I just joined a few weeks ago myself. I’m also struggling with the swim (and even opted to breast stroke for much of the three sprint & olympic triathlons that I did over the last year).

Danny Pimienta
    Participant

Thank you Bret, I have been considering finding a race where the water is shallow enough that I can stand when I need to stop and keep going until I finish. Do you know if there are any events, meet and greets soon?

mosered
    Participant

Come to our next happy hour, usually the 3rd Thursday of the month. And maybe check out WaveOne Swimming.

Danny Pimienta
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up, will the time and location be posted soon? I work in DC on Thursdays so it would work well with my schedule.

RunBikeDavid
    Participant

Welcome Danny! Don’t think we have a happy hour this month but if you are looking for a shallow race, you could look into Ft Ritchie and Rock Hall/Waterman’s. At Rock Hall/Waterman’s there’s a sand bar in the middle.

Danny Pimienta
    Participant

Awesome, I will look into it. Was considering the Decathalon at Ft Richie but haven’t been able to get any running in yet. I will look into Rock Hall/Waterman. Thanks again!

Claudia C
    Participant

Hi Danny, thanks for putting yourself out here. I’m new to swimming too.

I did a “super mini sprint” race last week through “Tri It Now” in Manassas VA. They put on a couple of events throughout the year. The one I did was a low key 400M pool swim, no flip turns allowed, and ok to stop either at pool edge or along the lane resting on the dividers. It was a confidence builder knowing I could stop and rest if needed.

https://www.active.com/orgs/tri-it-now

Danny Pimienta
    Participant

Hi Claudia,

Thank you! That event sounds like fun, I am checking out the link now. How long have you been swimming?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.