Swimming at Takoma Aquatic Center

Home Forums Training Ambassador Workouts Swimming at Takoma Aquatic Center

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SeanM
    Participant

Interested in having company at the pool while you do your swim workout? Join me at Takoma Aquatic Center in NW. I will try to post here regularly when I’ll be doing my workouts, and if I am really on my game what my workouts are (at least in turns of distance). As the weather gets warmer I may switch to Francis Swimming Pool in Dupont Circle. Stay tuned for more!

SeanM
    Participant

Wednesday April 24 workout! Will start around 6:00 pm. Swimming 2,500.

SeanM
    Participant

If anyone is interested a few of us will be swimming at Takoma tonight. Meeting at the pool at 6:00 pm. I will put the tri club water bottle at the end of the lane so you know how to find us. Come join if you’re able!

SeanM
    Participant

Swimming again tonight – should be there around 6:00 pm and in pool shortly after. Will have Tri Club bottle at end of lane as always. See you there!

SeanM
    Participant

Swimming at Takoma again tonight. Should be arriving around 18:15 and will keep the Tri Club water bottle at end of swim lane if anyone wants to join us. See y’all there!

Jorge Alvarez
    Participant

Do you know if Banneker has lap swimming in the evenings? If so, do you ever go there? It should be great to be swimming outside with this weather – I’ll join

SeanM
    Participant

Jorge – according to their website it looks like they only do lap swimming from 8:00 – 10:00 in the morning on weekdays (except Thursday).
    <h3>General Information</h3>
    <table class=”normal-tables” border=”1″ cellspacing=”1″ cellpadding=”1″>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>Address:</td>
    <td>2500 Georgia Av, NW</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Ward:</td>
    <td>1</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Nearest Metro:</td>
    <td>Shaw Howard (Green & Yellow)</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Parking:</td>
    <td>Accessible from 9th St, NW</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Hours of Operation:</td>
    <td>Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri: 10 am – 8 pm
    Sat & Sun: 11 am – 6 pm
    Lap Swim: Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri: 8 am – 10 am
    (Closed Thursdays)</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><b>Contact:</b></td>
    <td>
    <div>Direct:  (202) 673-2121</div>
    <div>Aquatics HQ:  (202) 671-1289</div>
    <div>Email:  Customer Service</div></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

SeanM
    Participant

For those interested, we will be swimming at Takoma tomorrow night. Likely arriving around 6:00 pm. As always, I will have a DC Tri Club water bottle if anyone would like to join!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.