2018/2019 Board of Directors Nominations

Home Forums News Club Management 2018/2019 Board of Directors Nominations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

The DC Triathlon Club is seeking seven (7) motivated candidates for the 2018 Board of Directors to join the current Board members serving out the remainder of their two-year term. This has been another great year for the DC Triathlon Club with a lot of new changes and initiatives and this is your opportunity to make the future of the club even better. We encourage all interested candidates to nominate themselves for Board membership. A club-wide vote will determine the six members who will join the 15-member Board.

The incoming Board members will join the following members completing their term:

• Pablo Torres
    • Niklaus Pleisch
    • Rachel Dolan
    • Bryan Frank
    • Matt Ferguson
    • Elizabeth Glomb
    • Rebecca Hirselj
    • Chris Wolforth
    • Gabrielle Torres

The guidelines for Club members who would like to run for a Board position:

• You must be a paid member for the 12-month period prior to elections, or receive a unanimous vote from the current Board, to be eligible to run (please don’t let this be a deterrent — contact us!).
    • The term is a two year commitment (2017 and 2018) to the Board.
    • The board meets once per month (2nd Monday of the month) and attendance or calling in is mandatory.
    • The board holds a weekend retreat once a year (2018 retreat will be in February timeframe) and attendance is HIGHLY encouraged.
    • You should expect to commit 2-5 hours per week for Club duties.

If you would like to nominate yourself, please post here and let us know why you are a good candidate (e.g., what you have done for the Club, relevant experience that will help to make you an effective Board member, and what you would like to see happen in 2018). You must post by 11:59 pm on Tuesday, October 31st if you would like to be considered. Responses to this thread should only be to announce yourself as a candidate. Please send any questions to treasurer@dctriclub.org.

Elections will be held via electronic ballot from Friday, November 3rd through Friday, November 17th*. The new Board members will be notified on November 20th and will be strongly encouraged to attend the Annual Meeting & Kona Viewing Party tentatively in December where the 2018 Board will be announced.

Bryan
    Treasurer | DC Triathlon Club

*Note: Dates are subject to change pending the announcement of the date of the NBC broadcast of the Ironman World Championship (Kona).

Meaghan Jennison
    Participant

My name is Meaghan Jennison and I nominate myself for consideration to join the Board of Directors for 2018/2019.

I have been a member of the DC Triathlon Club since 2012 I joined the New Triathlete Program that year to train for my first race and instantly fell in love with the sport and the club. Along with a couple of my NTP friends, I traveled up to Lake Placid that same summer to volunteer at the Ironman and register for my first Ironman, which was a year after I did my first triathlon. I certainly drank the crazy juice, especially since I’ve done two more full IMs since then!

The Club has been an integral part of my life since I joined. It is how I found a sense of community in DC, it is where I have made my best friends, and it is the part of my life I most readily talk about to others (surprise, surprise – a triathlete talking about triathlon!)

Because of the Club’s importance, I previously served on the Board of Directors in several roles – communications director, VP of operations, and most recently as president in 2015. I unfortunately had to step down from my president role at the end of 2015 when I moved overseas for work. Now that I am back in DC and have rekindled my love of triathlon, I am more than eager to rejoin the Board and serve the DC Tri Club community as best I can. I would particularly like to continue the enthusiasm and momentum that has already been established around Women in Tri, as well as expand our outreach efforts to other specific constituent groups that have unique interests and needs.

Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to serve you on the Board of Directors!

bcfrank

Things that go bump during the day!

Awesome to see that someone wants to come BACK to the Board! That’s how cool we are! 😛

XanderIV
    Participant

I am not one of those lifetime athletes that is super fit and super fast. In fact, I didn’t really do any physical activity until about six years ago. I realized then, that unless I started doing something, I was just going to keep layering on the pounds. When I started running, I could barely make it a mile! A couple of years later I started biking because most training plans recommended “cross-training and I happened to have a mountain bike in the basement. This led me into doing a couple duathlons which were all part of a triathlon. At the end of 2013 I decided that I would learn how to swim and do a triathlon. I joined DC Tri Club and enrolled in NTP 2014!

Over the years, I have met some of the greatest people I know. When you train, race and socialize with people, you make great friends. The club offers so many training programs, social events, camping weekends, etc., there is truly something for everybody in the club, no matter what your level of experience is.

Back in 2014, because there were so many NTPers on Capitol Hill, we ended up forming the Capitol Hill Community Group. I have been a co-lead on the group since then and have organized quite a few activities over the years. The training programs, social events , camping weekends, community groups or even the club itself wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the members that volunteered their time to make it happen. It is in this spirit, that I would like to nominate myself, Rob Read, for a board position. I would encourage others to volunteer as well so that we can continue to make the DC Triathlon Club a club we all want to be part of.

Regards,

Rob Read

hoyamarg
    Participant

Yeay Rob Read!!!!

Great to see you wanting to come back to the Board Meaghan!

Pablo

Great Rob! Thank you for your service to the Club!

Pablo

JHJ20012
    Participant

Imagine you are 42 and taking your first swim lesson while your kids stand on deck yelling “Streamline, Mommy, STREEEEEAMLINE!”  Fast forward 7 years and you are crossing the finish line of your second Ironman of the year with your kids standing on the sideline yelling, “Go Mom, GOOOOOOOO!”  And with that you’d have my triathlon career in a nutshell.

My name is Joyce Jones.  I’m nominating myself for the 2018/2019 DC Tri Club Board of Directors.  And I’m asking for your consideration and your vote.

I joined DCTC in 2010, as many of us do, as an NTPer – curious, a bit intimidated, and cautiously excited.  With each passing year, triathlon, the Club, and its people became more important to my life.  In 2012, I banded together with an incredible group of D.C. Tri folks who live and train in Montgomery County and the (infamous) MoCo Mafia was formed.  In 2015, we were officially recognized as a Club Community Group and I’ve been a co-leader of the group ever since, moderating our MoCo Mafia and Friends FB page and organizing group rides and runs for an ever-growing group of MoCo-area triathletes.  As this 49 y.o., middle-of-the-pack, single mom can attest, there truly is a place for everyone in this Club and I want to continue and strengthen that core value.

I credit the Club with introducing me to life-long friends and instilling in me a passion for a sport that I never would have considered possible for a doggy paddler and person whose last bike had a banana seat and streamers.  In the Mafia, we like to stay that “Tri years are like dog years,” and if that’s the case, I’ve benefited from being a member of the D.C. Tri Club for 49 years; it’s time for me to give back.  I hope you’ll elect me to serve you on the Board of Directors and give me that chance.

Thank you and Let’s Go D.C. Tri!

Joyce

Wonderful Joyce, thank you for nominating yourself!

Pablo

Jeff Halper
    Participant

Well, I came in to nominate Joyce but she beat me to it…..I’m all in for the Otter.

jh

AllisonLN
    Participant

My name is Allison Nordberg and I’m nominating myself for the 2018/2019 Board of Directors.  I stumbled upon DC Tri Club after seeing tri bikes all over my neighborhood during the Nation’s expo. Thanks to Google, I found my way to Nation’s Tri, DC Tri Club and NTP.

I joined DC Tri Club in 2012 and immediately signed up for NTP.  Despite living in DC for several years, NTP finally helped me find my people, and I jumped in with both feet.  After graduating NTP, I returned as a Co-Leader for the 2013 and 2014 seasons to give back to the program and to the club.  I then stepped into the Program Lead role for the 2015 and 2016 seasons and gained a whole new perspective of what it takes to keep the club running smoothly.  In those 4 years, over 700 first-time triathletes register for the program, and I loved meeting many of them and sharing their enthusiasm for a new sport and lifestyle. In addition to my involvement in NTP, I’ve volunteered, participated in most of the programs the club offers, including the new Women for Tri program, and was named Club Member of the Year in 2016.

Even after 5 years with the club, I still have more to pay forward, and that is why I’m asking for your consideration.  I would like to join the board to give back to the club in a new way and help others find their people.
    Allison

Patrick
    Participant

Hi Clubbers!

I’m Patrick Pannett, the Club’s director of gear. Having been a member for a few years, and working with the programs team on the IM and HIM programs, I stepped up last year to fill a hole on the board as the director of events, putting a number of meetings and happy hours together, before filling a different need and transitioning to be director of gear.

Over the past few months, we’ve worked hard to streamline the new and renewing member process and partnered extensively with our vendor and fulfillment house to make sure everything is being shipped out quickly and efficiently. As you may have seen, we’re working on new and improved branded gear options so you have all the kit you could want for training, race day, and social.

My personal racing in tris and runs has taken a backseat to working through physical issues, but plan to be back in action during 2017.

I’m excited to have the potential to continue working with existing and new board members to keep advancing the DC Tri Club as one of the finest triathlon clubs in the nation.

Please reach out if you have questions about gear or regarding my candidacy – your feedback is critical to making our gear and branding resonate among one another and in the community.

Patrick

jbauer
    Participant

Hello DC Tri Club,

My name is Justin Bauer, and I’m seeking your vote to be re-elected to the 2018/2019 Board.

After joining the club in 2011, I learned an incredible amount and have received amazing support from many great members. I believe in giving back, and feel that I have the leadership and abilities to make an impact by serving on the board.

The past four years I’ve served as the club’s Director of Web and Technology. During my last term, I led the club’s website update and conversion to a new platform. There are many improvements still to be done with the website and our online tools, and I look forward to seeing these through to completion.

Thank you for your consideration and vote,
    Justin Bauer

Jan Bauer
    Participant

After gaining so much through tri and DC Tri Club, I look to give back to the tri community and club by serving as one of your 2018/2019 Board members. I have spent the last seven years learning how to more properly swim, bike, run and so much more, like how to overcome fears and to get up after falling. This sport and club have also provided multiple opportunities to meet quality friends. Now, I will pay these gains forward with dividends and your vote of support. ~ Jan Bauer 

Last call for Board of Directors Nominations! They are due by midnight tonight!

Bryan
    Treasurer | DC Triathlon Club

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.