NoVa group track workout at W-L HS on Tuesday evenings

Home Forums Community Groups Northern VA (NoVA) NoVa group track workout at W-L HS on Tuesday evenings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

This week’s (May 21) NoVa group track workout is at Washington and Lee HS on Tuesday 6:30pm.  Please start warm up on your own and meet group at 6:30pm at the corner toward N. Stafford and Washington Blvd.    FYI, it seems we will be meeting on Tuesday evenings 6:30pm at W-L HS from now on. (6:15pm start individual warm up).

I hope you can join us.

Kyoko

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

Location change Alert: May 28 NoVa Track workout is at Yorktown HS track:  address 2700 N Greenbrier St. Arlington, VA22207.  Group workout start at 6:30pm.  Individual warm up by 6:30pm.

Please meet us near the snack stand at the track.

Kyoko

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

June 4 Tuesday evening track workout is at W-L HS track.   Group workout starts at 6:30pm.  Please finish your individual warm up by 6:30 pm if you can.  Meeting us at the corner toward N. Stafford and Washington Blvd.

Kyoko

Robert Zimmer
    Participant

Hi, could anyone please add me to the NOVA FB page.  Are group workouts always at W-L @6:30 every Tuesday?

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

Hi Robert,

Yes, we are meeting at 6:30pm every Tuesdays at W-L HS in Arlington.

I just accepted the FB request.  Thanks for joining to NoVa community group.

kyoko

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

This week’s trackout out is moved to Wednesday (Sep 11) at W-L HS track 6:30pm due to school events at the track.

Laura LeBoeuf
    Participant

Hello, I am new to DC Tri. I work in Burke, VA. Are you meeting on Tuesday evenings throughout the fall? Thank you!

Laura LeBoeuf

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Welcome to DC tri club!  We are meeting every week. But sometimes there is high school events at the track and we are not able to enter.  We are meeting for track next Wednesday instead.  We check the availability of track on school event calendar every week during the school is on.  During summer (during school break), we were meeting every Tuesdays.

I hope this answer your question.  Next week workout (Sep 25) on Wednesday 6:30pm.

Kyoko

Laura LeBoeuf
    Participant

Thanks Kyoko! I work in MD on Wednesdays but will look forward to meeting you all on the next Tuesday you are at the school.

Laura

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

Hi Laura, we are meeting tomorrow (Oct 1st) Tuesday at 6:30pm at the W-L HS track (the corner of N. Stafford and Washington Blvd).  I hope you can join us.

Kyoko

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

This week’s NoVa track workout is Tuesday (October 8) at 6:30pm.

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

This week’s NoVa track workout moved to Wednesday (Oct 23) 6:30 pm due to anticipated rainy weather on Tuesday.

Kyoko

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

I have not made announcement about NoVa track for a while on forum.  But, we have been meeting every Tuesdays evenings!

Workout is also on today, 2/25 at 6:30pm.  Individual warm up before 6:30pm and meet us as group at the corner toward N. Stafford and Washington Blvd in the track at 6:30pm.   I hope to see you there.

Kyoko

Paul Kim
    Participant

Hi Kyoko,

I was there today but no one showed up.  Can you please let me know if you are still holding these workouts?  Also, what kind of training do you do during these Tuesday workouts?

Thank you,

Paul

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Thank you for coming to NoVa track!! I am very sorry that I did not make an announcement on this forum today about moving today’s group workout to tomorrow, Wednesday 3/4.  Until this morning, weather forecast was thunderstorm or 50% chance of rain around the time of track workout.  So, I changed the date to tomorrow 6:30pm.  Sorry, I only made the announcement in DC Tri Club NoVa Facebook and NTP group sites.
    I am really sorry that we were not there tonight to welcome you.
    Usually, we start with running drills then do main set of speed/pacing workout.  Tomorrow, we are planning to do 800 meter repeat at target race pace (10miler,Half marathon, etc.) If you happen to be available tomorrow, please join us tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.