Weekly Saturday Bike Ride

Home Forums Training Bike Weekly Saturday Bike Ride

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    RunBikeDavid
    Participant

I believe it’s still summer time, 7:30 in Georgetown. This weekend there could be some folks out at Waterman’s Tri but there’s usually someone there!

Patrick Serfass
    Participant

7:30. I’ll be out as well. Probably out to the BP and then rolling around through the top of RCP.

Jim Thorne
    Participant

Any long ride this Saturday?

Patrick Serfass
    Participant

Yes, I’ll be out tomorrow. Will be at Wisc and M at 7:30. A hot lap out to great Falls/the BP and then rolling around through the top of RCP.

bcfrank

Alternative to the Club’s normal weekly Saturday ride (or just ride out to Riley’s Lock! 😛 (though you still then have to get home…)):

This Saturday (October 30th) is the DCTriClub Elite Team’s Annual Fall Foliage ride. This is a leisurely ride open to everyone to take in the fall foliage along the roads of Montgomery County! The ride will be an easy 40 miles with stops along the way for apple pie and apple cider, coffee and lattes, and a winery for wine tastings or bottles of goodness. If there is any energy or interest left at the end of the day, we can go grab brunch after the winery.
    The ride starts from the Riley’s Lock Parking Lot off of River Rd. with clip-in time at 9:30AM. There is no cost to this ride as it’s really just a group of us getting together to ride and have fun. Everyone is responsible for purchasing their own items at the venues.
    Given the potential weather forecast, please RSVP to the EventBrite event or join the club’s DCTriClub Member’s Connect Facebook group for the latest go/no-go call on the ride as well as more details. The decision will be made Friday afternoon based on the Saturday morning forecast.
    bcfrank

Let’s change the ride to winter hours! 8:30AM at the Georgetown PNC Bank (8:15 over in CapHill) since sunrise is now after 7:30AM (though that will change with the FALL BACK this Sunday!)

It’s going to be chilly this weekend. Who’s in for a ride out to the BP?!

Bryan

bcfrank

Winter hours tomorrow. 8:30AM at the Georgetown PNC. Thankfully NOT as cold at the start as it was last week! 🥶🥶

Justin Lynch
    Participant

Is anyone going out tomorrow morning for a long ride in the morning?

Justin Sanak
    Participant

Good morning. Do you know if this ride is still happening and if it’s shifted to summer hours yet? I rolled out to 8th and Penn this morning, but nobody was there.

bcfrank

Sorry for not having seen your post earlier. It was definitely a beautiful day on Saturday. I’m surprised no one else was out there! Some of the Club has been doing Off-Season Spin program, so we’ve been stuck inside on our trainers on Saturday mornings. Our last program session is this coming Saturday, so I will make a big push to re-ignite the outdoor Saturday rides on Saturday April 2nd. I’ll post more information/details after this Saturday morning so as not to confuse the two days.

If you are riding this coming Saturday, beware of road closures for the RnR DC half marathon & 5K.

Bryan

bcfrank

Who’s in for riding Saturday (4/2)?

Let’s stick with winter hours this weekend (8:15 in CapHill and 8:30 at the PNC in Georgetown) since Mother Nature still seems to think it’s semi-winter and it’ll be a bit chilly to start the day.

I’m planning on heading out to the BP for 30-40 miles and then back to Georgetown for some coffee and snacks at Blue Bottle Coffeehttps://bluebottlecoffee.com/cafes/georgetown (behind the old Dean & DeLuca).

Head on over to the DCTriClub Cue Sheets page for route information in addition to other routes that many of us do all over the area (the Saturday ride is a DC ride in the 20-40 mile group; or the 40-60 mile group if you want to go out to the Seneca T). All of our Cue Sheets are hosted on our RideWithGPS club account and active club members get full access to the premium navigation features (turn by turn directions on your phone; voice navigation; etc.) of RideWithGPS. You can download the app in your favorite app store.

Hope to see some DCTri faces there! I’ll meet y’all in G’town for the start.

Bryan

Patrick Serfass
    Participant

ooooh. i need this.  good idea!

bcfrank

I had an awesome DCTriClub Saturday Club Group Ride of 1 last weekend! Got in a nice 50 mile ride and JUST missed the NTP Bike Handling Clinic on my way home but saw some of them riding home and got to chat with them for a bit!

Who’s in for this Saturday (4/9)?

Let’s continue with winter hours this weekend (8:15 in CapHill and 8:30 at the PNC in Georgetown) since again it’ll be a bit chilly to start the day (and I need the beauty sleep), though it warmed up beautifully last Saturday so I’m hoping for the same again this weekend.

I’m planning on heading out to the BP for 30-40 miles or more depending on who shows up and how far folks want to go. I didn’t head for coffee afterward since I was by me lonesome, but if others show up, then I’m happy to  head back to Georgetown for some coffee and snacks at Blue Bottle Coffeehttps://bluebottlecoffee.com/cafes/georgetown (behind the old Dean & DeLuca).

Head on over to the DCTriClub Cue Sheets page for route information in addition to other routes that many of us do all over the area. All of our Cue Sheets are hosted on our RideWithGPS club account and active club members get full access to the premium navigation features (turn by turn directions on your phone; voice navigation; etc.) of RideWithGPS. You can download the app in your favorite app store.

Hope to see some DCTri faces there! I’ll meet y’all in G’town for the start (I was 4 minutes late last week and thought I MIGHT have missed y’all, but I never saw anyone on MacArthur).

Bryan

Hutchings
    Participant

Bryan, you know I am a regular on the Saturday ride but I am seeing low 40’s Saturday morning so my trainer is looking very attractive and warm this week.

Cindy

bcfrank

It was the same forecast last Saturday and turned beautiful and warm very quickly! 😛 I’m hoping for the same.

And I won’t be around for the next 4 Saturdays after this weekend, so I’m getting my Saturday Club riding in while I can! haha

B$

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 153 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.