Weekly Saturday bike ride

Home Forums Training Bike Weekly Saturday bike ride

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    Sean Shannon
    Participant

Hey all, I’m the Sean that Mike mentioned above – I ended up going up Georgetown to meet up instead of cap hill, my bad on that! I didn’t end up finding anyone but I’ll get a solo ride in instead. Apologies again, next time!

Sam Cretcher
    Participant

Hey Sean — Sorry you weren’t able to ride with anyone. Participation in the Saturday Rides can dwindle dramatically during winter, even when we have good weather like today. I’d suggest writing on the forum at least a few days beforehand to let people know you plan on riding. That might motivate some people to get out of bed and outdoors! You might not always find people to ride with during winter, but don’t let that stop you from posting here and getting your training in!

Sean Shannon
    Participant

Thanks Sam, will do!

Kevin Bickard
    Participant

Hitting the Georgetown to Potomac ride tomorrow at 8:30am. Hope to see some others there!

Sean Shannon
    Participant

Anyone planning to ride tomorrow? I’d love to go in a group and wanted to check if anyone was planning on meeting at the regular spots tomorrow.

Jocelyn Roberts
    Participant

Won’t be able to make it this week. J

mosered
    Participant

Given the warming weather, time to start the weekend rides again?

We know the weather is finally getting nice and today was definitely an example of just how amazingly gorgeous this area’s weather can be, but as long as the DMV area is under “stay at home” orders with physical distancing orders in place, the Club will not sanction or organize the weekly Saturday rides.

We still support everyone riding on your own or with those who you are self-isolating/quarantining with and not in larger groups. It sucks, we know. But until we stop the spread of this virus and get proper safety protocols in place (i.e. regular testing capacity), we will follow the guidelines of our regional governments.

David, our Director of Communications (the guy who sends you the awesome weekly newsletter), has been doing an incredible job of weekly Strava challenges for everyone to get out there and do some rides from a distance while challenging each other. We encourage you to follow us on Strava (https://www.strava.com/clubs/dctriclub) and take on these challenges. And who knows…. there MIGHT be prizes for those who ride these challenges the fastest… or who rides the MOST challenges!

Bryan
    President | DC Triathlon Club

Greetings all!

As mentioned in the latest COVID-19 update, we are going to begin supporting/organizing the Saturday Club ride again starting this coming weekend (Saturday August 1st). We will require that every rider have a mask/gaiter and use them during times of stoppage or if caught up on a group of riders. We encourage groups of no more than 5 riders to ride together and to use your mask as much as possible when around others. We are not going to be policing everyone because we are all adults here, but we want you to be smart about this: the pandemic is not behind us, but we can be smart and safe about how we gather. If you do not feel safe gathering for a group ride, we totally understand and encourage you to still get out there and ride your bike and train with your quaran-family.

Please refer to the first page for details on times, locations, routes, distances, paces, drops, etc. Quick reference though:

• When: Saturday mornings, clip in and depart from Capitol Hill at 7:10am (summer hours) / 8:10am (winter hours), rolling pick up in Georgetown at 7:30am (summer hours) / 8:30am (winter hours).
    • Where: Ride departs from 8th and Penn SE at 7:10am/8:10am and rolls through Georgetown for a pick-up at Wisconsin and M NW at 7:30am/8:30am. We roll through quickly so be ready to jump on at 7:30am/8:30am sharp.

Obviously, we are on summer hours (not sure how anyone could mistake this weather for winter… 😛 ), so I will see you all at 7:30AM at the PNC Bank at Wisconsin & M NW on Saturday!

Bryan

Official time change moving the club weekly Saturday ride to WINTER HOURS (sunrise is ~ 7:30AM now so the summer hours are getting iffy)!

• 8:10 at Capitol Hill
    • 8:30 at Georgetown PNC

I cannot make this weekend, but going to do my best to ride the Saturday ride on Nov 7th! Not sure if folks are still riding, but I will try to be there on the 7th with my mask on and ready to ride!

Bryan

bcfrank

See you all at 8:30AM at the Georgetown PNC tomorrow! It looks to be amazing weather! Let’s ride! With masks! 😛

Bryan

bcfrank

I am out for tomorrow (11/14) because I have a stupid idea that I’m going to try tackling (it’s a year of stupid ideas for me…), but the weather should be really nice! So get out there and ride! And wear a mask!

Bryan

bcfrank

Riding tomorrow (12/12). 8:30AM at the G’town PNC. My last Saturday ride of the year and my last ride as DC Triathlon Club President! Cloudy but very light winds. Should be a nice morning to ride!

Bryan

mosered
    Participant

Weather forecast is good for Saturday, March 27, for Saturday ride. 50 degrees & sunny in the morning, rising to 70 degrees later in day. 8:30 am start from Georgetown, I believe, for this time of year.

chucifer
    Participant

Tomorrow should be a nice day for a bike ride…

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 334 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.