Weekly Saturday Bike Ride

Home Forums Training Bike Weekly Saturday Bike Ride

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Phillip Rehmert
    Participant

I’m new to DCTri. Is there a feoup ride Saturday morning? Looking to ride 20-30 miles.

bcfrank

Hi Phillip! Welcome to the Club!

Potentially weather dependent, there will typically be a group that heads out Saturday morning. There will be an early group that leaves the PNC Bank in Georgetown at 730AM and I believe there will also be a B Group (no drop) ride leaving the PNC Bank in Georgetown at 830AM this coming weekend. Both groups will do the “standard” Saturday ride route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34434926 which is about 30 miles (with the option to extend further if you want from the turnaround point in Potomac, MD).

Having said that, this weekend is the Kinetic Triathlon Festival, and I know a lot of us will be racing there this weekend, so I’m not sure who all be around for the Saturday ride.

Again: welcome!

Bryan

mosered
    Participant

The B group will ride this coming weekend, and the A group too.

Phillip Rehmert
    Participant

Anyone riding tomorrow morning? What is the average speed for group A vs group B?

mosered
    Participant

Yes. c. 18 v c. 22.

bcfrank

Given that it’ll be nice weather, there should be a good group there. 7:30AM at the PNC Bank in G’town. The average speed for the early group (the ones meeting at 7:30AM) is around 18-20, but could vary based on who shows up.

I don’t believe the B group (8:30AM group) is riding tomorrow.

Y’all have a great ride! I’m down in Austin for the weekend.

Bryan

mosered
    Participant

Some of the Killer Bs are doing the B ride.

bcfrank

5/27 Saturday Ride: See y’all at the PNC Bank in G’town at 7:30AM for the early ride! I’m heading out to the BP in Potomac and then on to Sugarloaf Mtn (which is about an 82 mile round trip from G’town) with several options for refueling along the way. Anyone is welcome to join for some, part, or all of the ride (many options for turns to keep the ride shorter).

Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/43013909

Bryan

mosered
    Participant

The B(ravo) ride starts at 8:30.

(Usually catches up to the A ride around 8:45….)

William Black
    Participant

If the Sat AM 7:30 ride is still on, I’m in for the 29 mile loop.

Will

bcfrank

Yep! See you there! I’ll head out with to the BP, which is the turn back point for the 29 mile loop.

Bryan

Joanna Wollersheim
    Participant

I’ll be there for 730am ride and hoping to make it a long one!

Stuart Jackson
    Participant

I’ll be there tomorrow (17th) also – see you at 7:30

bcfrank

6/24 Saturday Ride: DCTriClub Block Party!

Come join us for the Saturday Club Ride (early group or B-group) and end your ride at the top of the Key Bridge in Georgetown stopping by our partners at Trek Bikes DC, BicyclePro Shop – Georgetown, and the Georgetown Running Company (all next door to each other on M St.). Raffle prizes AND discounts on items in the store! MUST be an active member for raffle prizes and discounts, so make sure to check your membership status!

The early group will start at 7:30AM and there will be a B-Group Ride starting at 8:30 at the same spot in Georgetown: the parking lot behind the PNC Bank at the corner of Wisconsin and M. Get your ride in and then stop by the block party on the way back! There will be some raffle prizes!
    The “standard” Saturday Club ride option from Georgetown: 29 miles.
    For those going longer on Saturday, I’m changing up the route a bit so that we are not heading out to Poolesville. We’ll hit up a coffee shop (Black Lion Coffee) in North Potomac and then get back to the block party for more coffee and snacks. Total distance: 53 miles.
    Bryan
    bcfrank

7/15 Ride:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/43289521

Keeping it a bit shorter as some of us are tapering. Heading back to Black Lion Coffee. (and skipping the out & back into Great Falls).

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 150 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.