Weekly Saturday bike ride

Home Forums Training Bike Weekly Saturday bike ride

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    gat_pfc
    Participant

No worries dear–the A-team drops everyone like a stone so we all  end up bringing in the rear!

glen

prwooden
    Participant

I’m in for 8:30 @M st. Hoping to be chosen for this A team of which Glen speaks.

HolliMarie
    Participant

Rolling in Lake Anna tomorrow but the Saturday ride has been good with about 3 of us the past couple weeks hahaha.  Enjoy the nice weather!

loraheck
    Participant

I’ll be rolling from Capitol Hill at 8:10am tomorrow morning if there are any other Capitol Hill folks planning to ride.

Connor Williams
    Participant

Great, Lora. I’m planning on being there. See you then!

bcfrank

Great ride this morning everyone! That was like 30+ folks out there for the first warm Saturday of the year! Great turnout!

My apologies to the few of y’all who did the Mountain Gate side hill stretch with us and made the wrong turn with us. :/ One of these years I’ll remember the route correctly! But hey: there were definitely some VERY nice houses back in that cul-de-sac!!! I know we lost a few before the BP (an “Irish” jersey sticks in my head), we hope y’all had a great ride back and we hope to see you all again sometime!

Cheers (and ride safe)!

Bryan

rtroll
    Participant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We’ll blame it on the new bike.

Adam Stolzberg
    Participant

Great ride last week everyone!
    There will be a crew doing the weekly Sat ride again, 810/830, but I wanted to invite y’all to join me in riding Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park as it’s “Free Entrance Days in the National Parks“!

Who: y’all
    What: Ride out and back on Skyline Drive so pretty much, as far/long as you want.  Take pictures and enjoy the views while getting in a fun, rewarding and challenging ride.
    Where: Meet at Skyline High School, 151 Skyline Vista Dr, Front Royal, VA 22630
    Plenty of free parking and some nearby trails for those that want to brick afterwards.
    When: Clip in from the parking lot at 9am.  NOAA currently says 49º at 9am and 55º at 1pm with very little wind.
    Why: So many reasons like this but because it’s fun! ;-p

After the ride, join the gang in going to either Spelunkers or Apple House to chow down some well earned lunch!

This forum serves as a good tool for carpooling. 😉
    Cheers an see ya out there!
    – Adam

gat_pfc
    Participant

Im up for Skyline. How could i pass up Free entrance and Spelunkers eh? I could take two people plus their bikes.  Gas is on me.

glen

Mohamed Boutaghou
    Participant

Hi Adam,

thank for posting. Can you tell me more about the terrain and also the distance (s)You thinking about going for ?

Adam Stolzberg
    Participant

Hey Mo, Skyline is very hilly but you can handle it.  I’m planning on doing about 50 miles, out to Elk Wallow Gap Wayside and back. I estimate this will take me a little over 3 hours as it’s about 5600 ft of gain.
    Here’s more info on riding Skyline and here’s the elevation profile for the “Northern Section”…

gat_pfc
    Participant

I’m in for the top of Hogback mtn and back–44 mi round trip bout 3 hours.

glen

Mohamed Boutaghou
    Participant

Wow lol, you could have stretched the width of the pic so that it doesn’t look so steep … thank you so much for the info! I am def not a climber and know I need to get better at it, so this def should a good training for it.

bcfrank

Adam, next time put the elevation on a logarithmic scale. 😛

timothy brainard
    Participant

Are the morning rides still at 8:10 or have they moved to 7:10 yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 334 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.