Weekly Saturday bike ride

Home Forums Training Bike Weekly Saturday bike ride

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Bickard
    Participant

If anyone is driving from the city (or close enough for me to bike to) and has an extra seat/rack spot I’d love to join! Else I will be happy to get in on the usual Saturday morning ride from Georgetown.

MARK WIGFIELD
    Participant

Might join the ride tomorrow — is it happening?

Courtney Waltimyer
    Participant

Mark, if you are asking about the skyline one, it’s happening, or else I ate a bagel this morning for nothing!

wellnow14
    Participant

Yes to Skyline (I’m in, too)– but I’m sure the ride out of Georgetown will happen tomorrow as well

Kevin B — if you still need a ride text me – 843-343-8747

Dan

Hiruy Yimam
    Participant

Is the weekly ride happening this Sat (6/22) in DC? Are the pickup times the same in Capitol Hill/Georgetown?

mosered
    Participant

Yes. Yes.

Hiruy Yimam
    Participant

??

Michelle Thorne
    Participant

How far/long is the group going?

Josh Finkelstein
    Participant

Hi Folks. Can I join your on your ride if my pace is 11-12 mph? I’m a new triathlete looking for a 40 mile ride once a week. I usually go for a 26 miler on Tuesdays at Hainspoint, however, I need more hill training.

I can go for longer without a problem if necessary.

RunBikeDavid
    Participant

Hi Josh, anyone is welcome to join. Try to find someone that you can pair up with at the beginning and the group will usually wait for folks at the BP station in Potomac. It’s good to be familiar with the route in case you lose the group, particularly when you go out to the T or further as folks may do variations (sometimes River while other times Glen out). There’s a list of maps here (please see Saturday Club Ride – BP 29 Mile Route and Saturday Club Ride – SenecaT 47 Mile Route):

Cue Sheets

Josh Finkelstein
    Participant

Sweet! Just confirming a 7:30 start time.

Austin Cooper
    Participant

is the group ride every Saturday?

Patrick Serfass
    Participant

Yes, there are riders every Saturday.  I’ll be out there tomorrow.  Rolling out from 8th and Penn SE at 7:10 and The bank parking lot at Wisconsin and M at 7:30.  Hope to see a lot of folks out!

Tina Slivka
    Participant

Hello Saturday ride group! A few of us are doing the White’s Ferry route this Saturday (~80 miles) that goes from Georgetown to Poolesville to White’s Ferry (on the Potomac) – across the river and into Leesburg, VA. We’ll pick up the WO&D trail in Leesburg and ride back to Arlington/DC back on the trail (~40 miles). There will be a stop for tacos along the way – so bring money if you’re coming! We’ll roll out of Georgetown at 7am to get an early start. -Tina.

bobcroker
    Participant

I’m in!  🙂

See you at 7am.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 334 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.